LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- The flames that ripped through a home Thursday may have started from an electrical problem.
WINK News cameras were rolling Friday as the property owner arrived to start the cleanup.
The homeowner says he spoke with his tenants Thursday and they’re safe. He says the two tenants who lived in the house had only rented it for about four months.
He says they won’t bother returning to get their stuff out of the home, everything inside was destroyed.
The owner and some of his family drove in from Miami early Friday morning to take a look at what was left. Our WINK News camera was able to capture some of the cleanup from above, showing how destructive the fire was, not leaving a single room untouched
Neighbors showed up from miles away when they saw the smoke which continued to rise for hours as fire crews struggled to get a handle on the flames.
The owner tells WINK News fire crews told him this was an electrical fire, but he says he wasn’t told where it started.
The investigation is in the hands of the State Fire Marshal’s office.