FORT MYERS, Fla.- News is often filled with “healthy living” tips and trends, and healthy living means different things to different people.
Lee Memorial Health System recently opened the area’s first Healthy Life Center–- an information and health education resource staffed by personal health advocates, health services coordinators, schedulers and volunteers to help individuals learn about services and education that supports healthy lifestyles, early detection of disease, chronic disease management and much more.
- Wellness library is available at HLC
- Help navigating healthcare services
- Scheduling assistance with Lee Physician Group
- Outpatient services such as physical therapy and diagnostic testing
- Healthy hearts
- Healthy joints
- Sleep disorders
- Integrative medicine
Wellness Based Programs Scheduled for January
- Sleep and wellness
- Heart report card screening
- Weight management cooking demos
- Exploring Paleo, vegan, detox, and clean eating trends
- Body composition testing and guidance (screening)
- Balance screening
- Spotlight on memory
- Saturday walking club
* Showcase the design, development and services planned for the new Lee Health Village at Coconut Point, to be built on a 31-acre site across from Coconut Point Mall (2018 projected opening)
- Thursday, Jan. 14
- 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Coconut Point mall
- For more information, call 239-495-4475