Toy car battery causes small house fire in Lee County

Writer: Derrick Shaw
Published: Updated:
Credit: San Carlos Park Fire Control and Rescue Service District.

San Carlos Park Fire Protection and Rescue Service District put out a fire at a home in the WildBlue community in Lee County Tuesday. The fire was determined to be caused by a remote control car battery.

According to the fire department, firefighters put out a fire at a home along the 18000 block of WildBlue Boulevard. The fire was contained in the garage and considered to be relatively small, while causing a large amount of smoke.

It’s been determined the fire was originally caused by a plugged-in RC lithium battery for a remote control car. The charger was sitting atop a work bench, which was on top of foam squares. The fire department says that was the cause for the large amount of smoke.

And adult, a child and a dog were inside the home and were able to evacuate without injuries.

The fire caused an estimated $10,000 in damages.

Copyright ©2024 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.