Lee Health has released its COVID-19 numbers for Monday and says it has 354 COVID-positive patients in its hospitals.
The hospital’s full Monday report:
- As of Monday morning, Lee Health has 354 COVID-19 patients isolated in our hospitals (inpatient).
- Of these patients, 11 of them are being treated at Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida.
- Monday, the hospital census was at 94% of staffed operational bed capacity.
- Monday, the census in the intensive care unit was at 90% of staffed operational bed capacity. There were 44 COVID-19 patients in the ICU.
- Sunday, Lee Health emergency departments saw 769 patients. Before the current omicron surge, the emergency departments were averaging about 900 patients per day.
- Sunday, Lee Convenient Care saw 303 patients, the LCC locations were averaging about 360 patients per day before the omicron surge.
- Lee Health says 30 people have died from COVID-19 in 2022, including two on Sunday.
- 1,292 patients have died from COVID-19 in Lee Health hospitals since the start of the pandemic.
Lee Health said in its report, “Our hearts are with the families and friends of the nearly 1,300 of our neighbors who have lost their lives to this unrelenting virus.”
Lee Health recommends vaccines and boosters, social distancing, and frequent hand washing.