Worker dies after electrocution in Fort Myers Beach

Writer: Rachel Murphy
Published: Updated:
electrician electrocuted
Authorities seen in Fort Myers where electrician was struck CREDIT Fort Myers

An electrician has died after being electrocuted and going into cardiac arrest in Fort Myers Beach.

The victim was working on an in-ground junction box for exterior lighting at Diamondhead Resort when the electrocution happened, according to the Fort Myers Beach Fire District.

Fire officials said witnesses began CPR but were unable to revive him.

Copyright ©2023 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.