Florida SouthWestern State College will hold in-person, Spring 2022 commencement ceremonies on Friday, April 29, in the Suncoast Credit Union Arena. More than 1,250 graduates have registered to participate in this year’s commencement ceremonies.
Commencement will be split into three ceremonies and will be held as follows:
- 10 a.m. – School of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and School of Pure and Applied Sciences
- 2 p.m. – School of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and School of Pure and Applied Sciences
- 6 p.m. – School of Health Professions, School of Education, and School of Business and Technology
Graduates will receive guest tickets, and anyone without a guest ticket will not be permitted inside.
The Suncoast Credit Union Arena has enhanced security measures for all arena events including walk-through metal detectors and bag restrictions. These security measures will be in place during FSW’s commencement ceremonies.
Outside flowers, balloons, air horns and noisemakers of any kind are prohibited inside the arena.
Guests are encouraged not to bring bags into the arena. This includes backpacks, purses, briefcases, duffle bags or coolers. Guests that choose to bring a bag will be able to bring in the following:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12”.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the arena with one of the clear plastic bags. Small bags must not exceed 4.5” x 6.5”.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
For a full list of prohibited items, click here.