FORT MYERS, Fla. Enhanced safety is on the agenda.
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office is hosting a series of educational seminars from February through September.
Each session is an hour long and will feature a variety of public safety topics, including an update on the latest frauds and scams, home security and vehicle burglary prevention tips, and what to do if you’re involved in an active shooter situation.
Attendees will also have a chance to hear from specialty law enforcement units who’ll share information about the inner workings of the Lee County Sheriff’s Office.
Other sessions will feature opportunities to meet K-9 officers, learn about traffic laws and traffic-control techniques, and hear how dive team members conduct crime scene investigations underwater.
Here is a full list of this year’s schedule:
- Feb. 7 – Frauds, Scams, and Card Skimmers Oh My!
- Feb. 28 – Traffic Unit – Can you turn right on a red arrow?
- Mar. 7 – Take a virtual tour of the jail
- Mar. 28 – Vehicle Burglary and Theft: Is your vehicle a target?
- Apr. 4 – Personal Safety: At home and away
- Apr. 25 – Dive Team: CSI underwater
- May 2 – Internet Safety for Seniors
- May 30 – Aviation – How criminals are found from the air
- Jun. 6 – Active Shooter for the Community: What should you do?
- Jun. 27 – Agriculture Unit: How do they protect the animals?
- July 25 – ID Theft: How vulnerable are you?
- Aug. 1 – SS Benefits Hacking: Are your benefits safe?
- Aug. 29 – Home Improvement Fraud: What you need to know
- September 5th – Residential Security: Are you a target for a burglar?
- September 26th – Cell Dogs: Meet the dogs and learn how they are trained
All seminars start at 10 a.m. and will be held at the United Healthcare Medicare Store on 6900 Daniels Parkway, Unit 23-C in the Daniels Crossing Shopping Center.
Seating is limited, so those planning to attend are asked to reserve their seats by calling 239-561-9142.