FORT MYERS, Fla. – The Southwest Florida real estate market is as healthy as it’s even been, with prices rising and homes selling fast.
This is good news for sellers, but many home buyers aren’t finding the home buying process as fun as they’d hoped.
So what can home shoppers do to make the process easier and more fruitful? WINK News Real Estate expert Denny Grimes stopped by the studio with the answer.
Buyers cannot control the speed of the market, but they can improve their chance of success by following a few easy steps.
- Be Financially Prepared
- Pre-approval if using financing
- Proof of Funds (cash buyer)
- Carry a checkbook
2. Have ONE agent on speed dial (agent should do the same)
- Inventory changes every hour and it’s first come
- It should be like when your wife was 9 months pregnant when you see that call come in, you drop what you’re doing and take it
3. Buyers, keep your eyes open
- Be watching the internet
- Set up alerts
- Drive the areas/neighborhoods you like
- If so, call your agent ASAP
4. Make realistic & competitive offers
- Forget about how you bought your last home 20 years ago
- The best homes are selling within 3% of asking price
- Don’t add lots of contingencies
5. Buy first, then ask questions
- Secure the home
- Then get your questions answered during the inspection period
If you have any questions you can email Denny at Denny@dennygrimes.com.