This video is not available.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 (11.2-ounce) package shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (11-ounce) package caramels
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What To Do:
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse cookies until finely crushed. Place in a medium bowl, add butter, and mix well. Press cookie mixture firmly into bottom of baking dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine caramels and heavy cream; cook until melted, stirring constantly. Evenly pour over crust, spreading quickly before it hardens. Refrigerate 15 minutes, or until set.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until smooth. Pour mixture over caramel and spread evenly. Refrigerate until set.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.