FORT MYERS, Fla. – Thinking of selling your home? If you’re like most sellers, your first step may be to make of list of repairs or improvements that should be done before the sign goes in the yard. But many times sellers spend more money than needed and in some cases, waste money.
How can you avoid this costly mistake? Real Estate expert Denny Grimes stopped by the WINK News studio to tackle that question.
“What do I NEED to do to get my home ready to sell?”
This is one of the most common questions sellers ask and it’s one of the value propositions given to clients.
The proper advice can save sellers thousands of dollars. (staging budget of $60,000)
Facts as established by the National Assoc. of Realtors
1. Clean & Tidy Sells (and it’s free)
2. Small projects payoff the best
- Paint is the best investment
- But keep it neutral unless you’re a pro
- Front entry door 102%
- Garage door replacement 88%
3. Focus on first impressions
4. Avoid major remodeling projects
a. Kitchens have most impact, but only provide an 80% return
5. It’s all or nothing: no credit for half remodeled home
If you have any questions you can email Denny at Denny@dennygrimes.com