Roofer dies after electrocution on Marco Island

Published: Updated:
The man who died when he was electrocuted by a power line was working near Condee Cooling and Electric.

MARCO ISLAND, Fla. — A 20-year-old man who worked for a roofing company is dead after he was electrocuted when the ladder he was using came into contact with a power line on Front Street near Bald Eagle Drive, authorities said.

The man died at an unspecified Collier County hospital, police said. He was rushed there shortly after emergency crews arrived on scene at 2:40 p.m. Another man who was also using the ladder was transported to a hospital with injuries that aren’t as serious.

Both men were trying to get off the roof because of an oncoming thunderstorm at the time of the electrocution, a Marco Island fire official said.

Authorities have yet to release the identity of either victim. No further information is immediately available.

Copyright ©2024 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.