Fire displaces Cape Coral family ahead of holidays

Published: Updated:
Cape Coral firefighter Nathan Nagel holds one of four dogs rescued from a house fire Tuesday.

CAPE CORAL, Fla. – A fire ignited in the garage of a house Tuesday, shooting flames into the ceiling.

Red Cross has responded and will help the family, who are now without a safe home in the wake of the blaze at 1420 N.W. 10th Terrace.

Nobody was home, but the family’s four dogs were inside. The pets are fine, authorities said.

A firefighter was injured when a portion the home’s ceiling fell in, but his injuries were minor. Cape Coral Fire Department Engine 5 worked the scene.

It’s unclear what sparked the flames, which were first spotted by Jehovah’s Witnesses traveling through the neighborhood, a nearby resident said.

Copyright ©2024 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.