FORT MYERS, Fla. Four sheriff’s deputies and a port authority officer are finalists for the county’s officer of the year award.
The award will be presented in September at the 2017 Fort Myers Rotary South’s Law and Order Ball, an event emceed by WINK News anchor Amanda Hall. The following finalists were selected by members of the Rotary Club of Fort Myers South, the presenting sponsor of the event:
- Deputy Jennifer Gaytan, Lee County Sheriff’s Office
- Cpl. Bobby Hunter, Lee County Sheriff’s Office
- Sgt. Josh Quaintance, Lee County Sheriff’s Office
- Cpt. Christopher Reeves, Lee County Sheriff’s Office
- Master Ofc. Melissa Duncan, Lee County Port Authority Police Department
The gala will take place at 6 p.m. Sept. 16 at Germain Arena in Estero. Tickets are $175 each or $1,400 for a table of eight.
Proceeds will go to law enforcement youth programs and the Fort Myers Rotary South Foundation, which distributes funds to nonprofits and law enforcement agencies.