FORT MYERS, Fla. Southwest Florida residents can donate items to children affected by Hurricane Irma.
The Lee County School District is looking for the following items to help students and staff after the hurricane:
- Cases of water
- Non-perishable food items
- Gift cards for Publix, Walmart and Target
- Gas gift cards
- New adult and kids sized underwear and socks
- Baby diapers
- Baby wipes
- Toiletries including shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc.
- Feminine hygiene products
- Insect repellent
- New or gently used adult and kids shoes
- New or gently used adults and kids sized shorts and shirts
- Laundry detergent
Donations can be dropped off at the Lee County Public Education Center at 2855 Colonial Blvd.