The School District of Lee County is asking for the community’s help in naming the soon-to-be-built PreK-8 school on Three Oaks Parkway in Estero. The school is expected to open in August 2023.
The school board is looking for name suggestions for the South Zone AAAA PreK-8 School that include at least one of several elements;
- The history, culture, and people of Florida and especially of Southwest Florida;
- The natural environment and native plants and animals of Florida and especially of Southwest Florida;
- Notable events or achievements that are associated with Florida and especially with Southwest Florida;
- The neighborhood, community, or physical location of the school;
- Founders, leaders, heroes, symbols, and fundamental principles of our nation.
If you have an idea that you would like to submit for consideration you can do so on the Lee County School’s website here.
The deadline to submit is 5 p.m. on Friday, October 15.
Once the submission process is complete, a committee will review the suggestions to determine which ones fall within the school board’s policy.
The committee will then hold a survey with the top qualifying suggestions and recommend the winning name to the school board for final approval.