Naples Kwik Pik store severely damaged after fire

Published: Updated:

NAPLES, Fla. – The Kwik Pik Store on Goodlette Frank North was heavily damaged Sunday after an early morning fire.

Firefighters were called to the 400 block of Goodlette Frank North around 1:40 a.m. When crews arrived, they said there was smoke coming from the roof. As soon as crews arrived, they entered the building, where they found an orange glow coming from the back of the store. Firefighters reported the fire had moved to the attic and there was zero visibility.

Crews said it took two hours for them to put out the blaze. Investigators believed the fire started at the base of a cabinet in the back of a store, where there was an extension cord being used to power a refrigerator. Investigators think that cord overheated and sparked the fire.

Firefighters estimated the building suffered $500,000 in damage. Everything inside the store was a complete loss.

Copyright ©2023 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.