This video is not available.
FORT MYERS, Fla. – Mark and Teresa Sievers grew up in different parts of the country but met through Mark Sievers’ sister and bonded through their medical professions.
Below is a timeline of how the couple met:
- Mark Sievers was born and raised in rural Hillsboro, MO, about 50 miles southwest of St Louis.
- Sievers and Curtis Wayne Wright met in elementary school and graduated from high school together.
- After college, Sievers became a licensed practical nurse in 1995.
- Sievers and Wright rented a house in Fenton, MO until they were evicted in 1999.
- Sievers then moved to St Petersburg, where he continued working as a nurse.
- Teresa Ann Tottenham was born and raised outside New Haven, Conn.
- She was her high school valedictorian, then graduated with a masters degree in biology from Fairfield University in 1990.
- She received her medical degree from Ross University in 1996.
- After completing her residency at the University of Florida Medical Center in Jacksonville, she moved to Charleston, S.C., where she met her first husband, Kenny Cousins.
- They married in 2000, then moved to Cousins’ hometown of St. Petersburg. They divorced in 2003.
- Sievers’ sister, Stacy, introduced Teresa to Mark. The couple married seven months after her divorce.
- The Sievers moved to Bonita Springs in 2005, built a house, had two children and opened a holistic medical practice together.