Man electrocuted while carving wood at Lee County workshop

Published: Updated:
John-Carlos Estrada/WINK News

Man electrocuted while carving wood at a workshop off Pine Ridge Road, south of Summerlin Road, Iona McGregor Fire Department confirms.

Iona McGregor Fire Department Battalion Chief Mark Mascarelli says something went wrong while the man was carving wood while using high voltage electricity.

Firefighters on scene said people working in the unit next to the victim noticed he was laying on the ground lifeless and called 911. The power has been shut off in the victims unit.

Lee County Sheriff’s Office has not released the man’s identity, and this remains an open investigation. LCSO has not released if this incident is accidental or suspicious.

Trust WINK News to provide more information when it becomes available. 

Copyright ©2024 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.