One injured in fire in south Fort Myers

Writer: Derrick Shaw
Published: Updated:
A fire broke out a unit at the Lake of College Pointe. (CREDIT: Iona-McGregor Fire District)

One person was injured in an accidental fire at an apartment in south Fort Myers on Thursday night.

The Iona-McGregor Fire District said their crews responded to a fire on a patio, in a third-floor unit.

The fire was caused by a cat knocking over an unattended candle.

One person was transported to the hospital, the fire district said.

The state fire marshal is investigating.

According to a news release from the Red Cross, two people were affected by the blaze.

Copyright ©2024 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.