- Memorial Day weekend kids receive free entry to the Naples Zoo with the purchase of an adult ticket. The offer is valid Friday through Monday. Click here for more information.
- Active and retired military members receive free admission to Sun Splash Family Waterpark. You also get $5 off for up to four family members on Memorial Day.
- There will be a 9 a.m. service at Riverside Park with guest speaker Gary Speer, a retired U.S. Army Lt. General.
- Bonita Bay Veterans Council (BBVC) is hosting a special commemoration at Bonita Bay Club at 1 p.m.
- Veterans and their families receive free admission for the Edison and Ford Winter Estates from 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. on Memorial Day.
- Monday from 8:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
Join the Fort Myers Branch of the NAACP and Robert H. L. Dabney American Legion Post #192 as they remember and honor those men and women who have died while serving in the United States Armed Forces at the Fort Myers Cemetery, Calvary Gardens.In honor of Memorial Day, the Fort Myers Branch of the NAACP will present to the City of Fort Myers the United States of America flag to be used in the performance of a Commemorative Flag Raising. The service will be performed by the Dunbar Senior High School Color Guard under the direction of First Sergeant Raymond Hart. Miniature flags will be offered for distribution and placement on Veteran Service members gravesites by the Fort Myers branch of the NAACP and RHL Dabney, American Legion Post #192.
A Memorial Day cookout in celebration and honor of those who died in service to their country will follow the ceremony and be held at American Legion Post #192 located at 3130 Dr. Martin Luther King Avenue, Fort Myers, Florida beginning at 11 a.m. All
members of the public are invited to participate in all functions
FORT MYERS BEACH
- Saturday it’s all about Bluegrass, Brew and BBQ. Make sure you get to Matanzas on the Bay for live music, craft beer from Fort Myers Brewery and a barbecue buffet. Other entertainment includes alligator wrestling. It all takes place from 11 a.m.- 10 p.m. The fundraiser benefits Operation Open Arms. Click here for more information.