You can get your taxes done for free next week at Florida Southwestern State College when college business teams, team up with United Way volunteers to offer the free service.
It is available for people with households making up to $66,000, and the service will take place next Wednesday between 12:30 — 4 p.m. at building “U”, in room 102.
Visitors will need to bring the following items with them to the service:
Appointments are required. Joint returns require both filers to be present. Participants will need to bring:
- Photo I.D
- Social security or individual taxpayer identification number and birthdates for everyone on return
- Previous year’s federal and state returns
- All earning statements (W-2, W-2G, 1099s)
- Form 1095-B and/or 1095-C for proof of health insurance; Form 1095-A if health insurance purchased from the marketplace; or health insurance exemption
- Form 1098 for mortgage interest, property taxes, closing statements
- Voided check or routing and account numbers for direct deposit
- Student loan statement from your university/college (1098-T) and/or student loan interest statement (1098-E) if applicable
- Written totaled mileage records and totaled business income and expenses if self-employed
- Total paid and provider business’ name, address and SSN/ITIN for childcare or dependent care expenses
To sign up visit the United Way Lee website here.