Home ablaze in Upper Captiva Tuesday night a total loss

Published: Updated:

Despite the efforts of multiple fire crews battling a house fire in Upper Captiva late Tuesday night, the home is a total loss.

The home, which is at the 4000 block of Panama Shell Dr. in Upper Captiva, was reported ablaze by a neighbor who called 911, according to Chief Jason Martin of Upper Captiva Fire Department. The call came in around 10 p.m. The neighbor said she heard the propane popping noises and part of the structure collapse.

At the time of the fire, the house, which was under renovations on the inside, was not occupied. Surrounding homes did not have damages from the blaze nor were there any injuries, Martin said. However, the home was burned to the ground, with damages to the pool house in the backyard.

Multiple crews assisted in the structure fire. These include Useppa Fire, Pine Island Fire, Sanibel Fire, Captiva Fire, Cape Fire, Fort Myers Fire, Lehigh Fire, North Fort Myers Fire, South Trail Fire, Estero Fire and LCSO.

Copyright ©2024 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.