On Monday, Collier County Public Schools released the following update on health information regarding COVID-19:
We are excited to welcome back students and to meet new families beginning their academic journey with Collier County Public Schools (CCPS). The purpose of this communication is to provide an overview of health precaution strategies in place for School Year (SY) 2021-2022.
- In compliance with the Governor’s Executive Order 21-175, masks are optional
- Classroom and campus spaces will be maximized
- Students who are sick should stay home and not return to school until they are symptom free (click to review Student Health Screener) and fever-free without the use of fever-reducing medicines for at least 24 hours
- CCPS will work collaboratively with the Florida Department of Health-Collier regarding notifications to parents of students or individuals on campuses or in school activities determined to be COVID-19 close/direct contacts
- Close/direct contact occurs when an individual positive for COVID-19 is within three (3) feet of another person for fifteen (15) minutes or more with or without the use of a face mask
- As established during summer school, vaccinated students deemed close/direct contacts will NOT need to quarantine (unless they are symptomatic or test positive)
- Students quarantining will be able to access assignments through Canvas
- For families desiring a distinct CCPS virtual school, eCollier Virtual Academy (eCA) expanded for the 2021-22 school year to serve students from Kindergarten through grade 12. Visit collierschools.com/eCA for more information.
For additional health precautions and related operational procedures for the 2021-22 school year, please visit collierschools.com/health. This will be our webpage dedicated to providing information and resources to help keep our CCPS Family healthy for a tremendous school year. More information relating to back to school will be forthcoming. We look forward to seeing your child with the opening of the new school year!