Lee Health’s COVID-19 numbers continue to drop, reporting 259 patients being treated in its hospitals as of Wednesday morning, with 16 new admissions since Tuesday.
- As of Wednesday morning, there are 259 COVID-19 patients isolated in Lee Health hospitals (inpatient).
- Of those patients, 7 of them are children being treated at Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida.
- Since Tuesday, there were 16 new COVID-19 hospital admissions and 31 COVID-19 discharges.
- 61% of ventilators and 12% of ICU rooms are available for use. There are 47 COVID-19 patients on ventilators and 72 in the intensive care unit.
- On Wednesday morning, hospital census was at 90% of staffed operational bed capacity.
- Since the start of the pandemic, 1,119 patients have died at Lee Health hospitals to COVID-19, including 9 on Tuesday.