Lee Health is reporting it has 226 COVID-19 hospitals isolated in its hospitals. Nine COVID-19 patients died on Thursday.
- As of Friday morning, there are 226 COVID-19 patients isolated in Lee Health hospitals (inpatient)
- Of those patients, six of them are children being treated at Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida.
- On Thursday, there were 21 new COVID-19 hospital admissions and 24 COVID-19 discharges.
- 64% of ventilators and 11% of ICU rooms are available for use. There are 40 COVID-19 patients on ventilators and 59 in the intensive care unit.
- On Friday morning, census was at 90% of staffed operational bed capacity.
- Since the start of the pandemic, 1,136 patients have died inside Lee Health hospitals to COVID-19, including nine patients on Thursday.
Lee Health continues to urge vaccinations.
Lee Health offers a COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at Gulf Coast Medical Center, which is now by appointment only due to an increase in demand for booster shots.
The clinic remains open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., and anyone can make an appointment online by visiting www.leehealth.org. There is no cost for the vaccine.