7 in hospital after carbon monoxide scare at Iguana Mia warehouse

Author: wink news
Published: Updated:

FORT MYERS, Fla.- Seven people are being treated at the hospital because of a carbon monoxide scare.

It happened just before 8 a.m. on Friday at a prep kitchen for Iguana Mia located on Topaz Court.

The seven people were taken to a hospital as a precaution after the fire department responded to the warehouse that prepares the restaurant’s sauces and salsa.

Officials arrived after people started feeling sick. Authorities discovered they had high levels of carbon monoxide in their system.

The manager tells WINK News freon leaked from one of the refrigerators/freezers, and seeped into the air, filling the the place with gas.

“People started to get lightheaded and fell sick and we called the fire department and ambulance to take care of the situation. South Trail Fire Department handled it beautifully,” said Todd Harrison.

Harrison says the seven people are expected to be okay.

 

Copyright ©2023 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.