Olga man confesses to killing two teens and injuring another

Writer: Jack Lowenstein
Published: Updated:
Elwood Timothy Robinson.

In the arrest report, a man has admitted to killing two teenagers and shooting another. WINK News also received new information that this is not the first time the killer has been violent toward young people.

On Saturday, police arrested Elwood Timothy Robinson, 46, for killing Jeremy Stewart, 16, and William Hughes, 19, and shooting Kristina Deluca, 18.

A close friend of the victims told WINK News, Robinson went to the party because he wanted to scare the teens. The friend said Robinson was angry with the noise level from the party. The close friends describe the shooting as execution style and claim Robinson may have been under the influence of drugs.

According to the arrest report, while at the gathering, a male witness said he was confronted by two males who wanted to fight him. He says he ran from the scene and encountered Robinson in a pickup truck, telling him he was running from two males because they were trying to fight him.

Robinson told the witness he was an officer, and he could help. Robinson drove his truck toward the scene of the bonfire, and investigators say he eventually came in contact with two males.

The witness said he heard Robinson tell the two he was an officer and ordered both of them to lie face down on the ground with their hands on their heads. One of them cooperated, and the other remained standing. Elwood shot the victim who remained standing and “executed” the victim who was prone on the ground.

The wooded area near a neighborhood off Park Way, where the two young men were found dead, was a regular hangout spot for the teenagers and their friends.

Including his family, Hughes leaves behind a 6-month-old daughter.

Friends said Stewart was a respectful and loving individual.

“He’s unique,” Kimber Cross said. “He’s special. He was someone you could get along with, crack a joke with laugh, he was always there when you needed him.”

Stewart leaves behind his mother and younger siblings.

“Best 16-year-old I’ve ever met in my life,” Cheyenne Colon said. “I’ve never met a kid with so much respect.”

Deluca is in the hospital recovering from her wounds. Her sister, Katelynn, described the trauma Deluca endured this past weekend.

“He shot at her three times,” Katelynn said. “The one went through her thumb out her pinky finger, shattered the bone, one of them grazed her throat, so all right here is cut up, and one grazed her shoulder. She’s very very lucky.”

Katelynn said her sister will not simply move forward from this and fears she will have sleepless nights ahead of her.

“It’s gonna be a long road of recovery mentally physically emotionally for my sister,” Katelynn said.

Meanwhile, a family in Olga spoke to WINK News off camera about history they have with Robinson and a protection order they filed against him in 2014. They claim Robinson forced his way into their home and choke slammed a little boy for having played in his yard. The case was dismissed due to lack of evidence. Robinson signed an affidavit that he did not own guns or ammo.

Neighbors WINK spoke to also said Robinson was having trouble dealing with the recent death of his father, which may have contributed to his action and behavior.

Copyright ©2024 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.