You may have to drive a bit further to get to Olive Garden in Naples on Thursday night because the restaurant on 5th Avenue was filled with smoke.
There was smoke inside the ductwork, which caused the restaurant to close.
When WINK News arrived, there were several fire units still on the scene. WINK News noticed ductwork ventilation being taken out of the building, some of it was still smoldering.
Naples Fire Rescue said when they got to the scene, customers were still inside and the smoke was getting worse.
Lieutenant William Warren from Naples Fire talked about the scene with WINK News.
“We have a light haze they got progressively darker,” Warren said. “We sent our units inside, we isolated it to the air conditioning ducts. We were able to shut down all the AC and electricity and then start opening up ductwork and then we found a smoldering area, about a three-foot smoldering area of insulation around the AC duct. Sounds like there was some AC work done earlier in the day that may have contributed to that.”
No words as to when the location might reopen. No injuries were reported.