LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Thursday’s Deal of the Day focused on all the discounts offered to active duty and retired military and veterans.
Call for Action called dozens of restaurants, stores and places of entertainment to find out what deals are available to military members and veterans. We found most stores and restaurants offer a 10-percent discount to service members, both active duty and former military. Most locations require the consumer to provide a valid military ID.
Below is the list Call for Action compiled. Just remember, the discounts vary by the store or restaurants location, so it is best to ask first.
Restaurant Discounts for Military & Veterans:
1. Boston Market: 10% off with military ID
2. Buffalo Wild Wings: 10% off with military ID
3. Chili’s: 15% off
4. CiCi’s Pizza: (Hero Care) $1 off buffet with current ID. Buffet is $7, if you have Hero Care.
5. Culver’s: 5% off
6. Dairy Queen: 50% off your purchase, if in uniform
7. Denny’s: 10% discount with military ID.
8. Firehouse Subs: 10% off with military ID.
9. Hooter’s: Varies by location but most Hooter’s will give a flat 10% off discount to active and retired military personnel.
10. IHOP: 10% off your entire meal when you show your military ID to your IHOP server.
11. Pizza Hut: 10% off your meal.
12. Popeyes: 10% off your meal.
13. Texas Roadhouse: 10% out of uniform. 30% in uniform.
1. Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL) : Under the Waves of Honor program all active duty military are entitled to a free 1-day admission. Also good for up to 3 family members.
2. Disney World: Receive admission on any four days for just $177 plus tax from now through December 20, 2015. Must be purchased before December 17, 2015.
3. Legoland: Active duty gets one free admission and discounts for family members.
4. SeaWorld: Via the Waves of Honor program any U.S. active duty military, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman gets one complimentary admission per year.
5. U.S. National Parks: Free annual pass to all National Parks in the United States.
1. Advance Auto Parts: 10% off
2. American Eagle Outfitters: Show your military ID and get 10% off your in-store purchase.
3. AutoZone: 10% off your purchase, depends on location.
4. Banana Republic Factory Store: 10% off for veterans every day of the year.
5. Bass Pro Shops: 10% discount with your military ID, excludes some high-priced items.
6. Buckle: 10% off all purchases.
7. Charlotte Russe: 10% discount with ID.
8. Dell Computers: Dell.com offers 10% off.
9. Eddie Bauer: Offers a 10% discount for active and retired military personnel.
10. Finish Line: 10% discount to veterans and active military.
11. Footaction: Veterans and active military can save 20% off with proper ID.
12. Home Depot: All year long military personnel, active or retired, can get a 10% discount.
13. Lowe’s: They give a flat military discount of 10% to all active and retired military personnel.
14. Michaels: Show your military ID at Michaels and get a flat 10% off.
15. Nike Store: Offers a 10% in-store discount to veterans, active service, as well as those in the reserves.
16. Old Navy: 10% off every Monday with your ID.
17. O’Reilly Auto Parts: Offers discount but varies according to product line.
18. Payless Shoes: Shop at any of their retail locations and get a 10% military discount.
19. Pottery Barn: 10% off decorative, lightning, rugs (excludes furniture)
20. Sports Authority: 10% discount with proof of Active or Veteran status.
21. Williams-Sonoma: Flat 10% discount with proper ID or proof of service.
22. Zales Jewelry: 10% off discount for active and retired military.