Fire damages Collier County home, no injuries reported

Published: Updated:

NAPLES PARK, Fla. — All three residents exited the premises from a Naples Park house fire with no injuries, and the fire was reported accidental, a Collier County Sheriff’s Office statement said.

As the CCSO attempted to raid a home in the 500 block of 101st Avenue N. in Naples Park, deputies saw flames two doors down.

The home suffered extensive damage, and one man was displaced. The fire was caused by a cigarette and has been ruled accidental, the North Collier Fire Rescue District chief said.

Joel Lopez, a Collier County resident witnessed the flames rise in the neighborhood. He said he saw a man who lived in the house standing on his porch at the time of the fire.

“I ran to the guys porch with the police officer that was there with me at the time and we tried to get the guy out; it was just something unexpected,” Lopez said.

After concluding an investigation, the fire was reported accidental, a CCSO statement said.

Copyright ©2024 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.