FORT MYERS, Fla. – Expect partial closures Sunday morning as approximately 1,700 runners participate in the Fort Myers Marathon.
The Lee County Sheriff’s office is warning the below list of roads will be delayed. There will be partial closures throughout the day. Drivers will be able to get through, but traffic will be delayed.
• West First St. – 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m .
• Edwards Dr. – 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
• North Cleveland Ave. including the Caloosahatchee Bridge – 7:15 a.m. -1:00 p.m.
• Pondella Road (Between N. Cleveland and N. Tamiami Trail) -7:15 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
• Evergreen Road, Mariana Ave, Many Road and Piney Road – 7:15 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. (10:30 p.m. is correct, not a typo).
• North Tamiami Trail and Edison Bridge – 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
• First Street between Fowler Street and Evans Avenue 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
• Harbor Drive, Lavin Lane, Brooks Road, Evalena Lane, East Mariana Ave 8:30 a.m. -1:45 p.m.
• West First Street and Edwards Drive will be completely closed from 6:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. during the race.
Drivers should proceed with caution when entering the areas mentioned since runners will be in a coned lane adjacent to traffic. Expect delays in the early morning until late afternoon.
For more information on the delays and course routes, click here.