INDIANAPOLIS (AP) – The ball is in Peyton Manning’s court.
Broncos executive John Elway said as much Thursday at the NFL scouting combine, making it clear he’s still waiting to hear whether the 38-year-old quarterback wants to return for a fourth season in Denver.
Manning and Elway met last week in Denver, but Manning left without a definitive answer about his return.
Elway said he wanted No. 18 back. He was less clear about what financial terms Manning might return under.
Asked if there was a holdup because of contract considerations – Manning is scheduled to make $19 million next season – Elway said he didn’t like to discuss contracts, but that he does believe Manning will be the Broncos quarterback next season.