String of fires in Lehigh Acres strip mall


LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. – An electrical problem could be sparking fires inside a Lehigh Acres strip mall.

Firefighters were called to the Lee Boulevard Plaza four times in the past three weeks, most recently Monday morning.

The property manager says the 50-year-old building has an electrical short, but electricians can’t find where it starts.

At times, the smoke makes its way into a business forcing the store to close it’s doors.

If they come here and we are closed, they can’t get a service provided to them, they are going to go somewhere else to get that service provided,” says business owner Junior Fernandez.

The property manager says someone will patrol the property at night to make sure another fire doesn’t start.

Copyright ©2023 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.