Lawsuit filed after explosive e-cig burns Collier County man

Published: Updated:

NAPLES, Fla. – A Collier County man who was put in a coma after his electronic cigarette blew up has filed a lawsuit.

Evan Spahlinger’s lawyers said the e-cigarette manufacturer should have prevented the device from overheating. The extent of Spahlinger’s injuries required special attention so he was sent to a burn unit in Miami.

Spahlinger is also suing a vapor shop located on Airport Pulling Road. His suit claims that the store failed to warn Spahlinger about the risks involved with device use.

The vape store declined comment.

Copyright ©2024 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.