Your Health Now: Protecting children from button batteries

Published: Updated:

FORT MYERS, Fla. – We all learn from a very young age by seeing, touching and of course, tasting. That’s why parents must be vigilant with infants and toddlers who are constantly putting items into their mouths.

Unfortunately some of those objects could be dangerous, like button batteries.

Each year, more than 6,000 kids go to the emergency room for button battery ingestion. Dr. Stuart Morgenstein, a pediatric ear, nose and throat specialist with Lee Physician Group, stopped by the studio to tell us more about the dangers of lithium batteries and children.

Copyright ©2024 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.