CAPE CORAL, Fla. – Two people were shot and killed in a shooting spree by a sole gunman Sunday night, according to the Cape Coral Police Department.
The armed shooter was killed by police after violently resisting officers near the 5100 block of Skyline Boulevard, according to Det. Sgt. Dana Coston.
A motorcyclist and Circle K employee are dead and a teenager and child have been sent to the hospital as trauma alerts after multiple shootings in Cape Coral, according to law enforcement officials.
Here is what we know:
- There are 5 victims total
- The motorcyclist was shot in the head at Southwest 26th Street and Skyline Boulevard
- A Circle K employee was found dead with gunshot wounds to his face inside the store at the intersection of Chiquita Boulevard and Cape Coral Parkway West. Another victim sustained injuries inside the store.
- A child was shot and seen covered in blood and a second person was injured at 4933 Skyline Blvd. They were both passengers in the gunman’s car.
- There was one suspected shooter, who Cape Coral police said they ‘stopped’ at the 5100 block of Skyline Boulevard. That shooter was killed, according to CCPD.
- Authorities are not looking for additional suspects
- No officers were injured
Officers responded to the first call at 5:45 p.m. and a second call at 6:28 p.m., according to Coston. The shooter was located four minutes after the second call.
No names have been released nor will police say how many shots were fired. They are still working to determine the cause of the shooting.
Coston spoke in a press conference, providing a few details on the shooting: