CAPE CORAL, Fla. Hurricane Irma debris removal begins Monday for city residents.
Below are guidelines from the city manager’s office to help collection happen more quickly:
- Storm debris will be picked up separately from household trash and recycling. Trash pickup began this week and Waste Pro will begin picking up recycling along with household trash beginning Monday.
- Place debris at the curb in separate piles: vegetative debris, construction debris, appliances.
- Do not place debris in the roadway.
- It may take several weeks for all debris to be picked up, and crews may make multiple stops at the same home, depending on the volume they need to pick up.
- Vegetative debris doesn’t need to be bundled or cut into small pieces. Simply place debris in the appropriate piles at the curb.
- Construction and vegetative debris can be dropped off at Pine Island Road and Andalusia Boulevard. Access to the site will be from Northeast Seventh Street to NE 10th Avenue. The site will be open seven days a week from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m., beginning Saturday. Proof of city residency, such as a driver’s license or utility bill, is required to use the site. The site is off-limits to commercial contractors.