Fire district warns about dangers of storing gasoline

Reporter: Gina Tomlinson
Published: Updated:
Credit: WINK News.

After filling up gas cans, it’s important to store them safely. A family in Southwest Florida had to evacuate their home after they stored gas too close to a water heater and sparked a fire.

South Trail Fire & Rescue District in Lee County warns about the dangers of storing gasoline inappropriately at home ahead of preparation for Hurricane Dorian.

WATCH the video above for the full story by WINK News Reporter Gina Tomlinson.

The fire district advises no more than 25 gallons of gas should be stored in one room and to keep gas cans in a well-ventilated space.

Copyright ©2024 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.