The City of Bonita Springs has announced they will begin a phased reopening of its park facilities starting Friday, May 22.
The reopening will include the community pool, recreation center fitness room, playgrounds, basketball courts and Marni soccer fields.
Staff have placed additional signage advising of CDC guidelines at all sites and will continue to clean frequently and educate the public on social distancing.
A soft opening of these park facilities will begin Friday with the following restrictions:
Bonita Springs Community Pool
- Bonita Springs Community Pool will re-open for lap swim only. This will provide a physical barrier to provide spacing for social distancing while in the water. Eight lap lanes will be available by reservation for 45 minutes per lane to allow for sanitizing between sessions. Lane reservations will be at staggered times, 5 minutes apart, to allow for individual entry to ensure social distancing. Reservations must be made in advance by calling 239-947-1948. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Pool hours of operation will be Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., for lap swim and fitness only. Indoor showers will not be available at this time. Outside showers will be available as well as restroom facilities. The last patron will exit the facility at 5:35 p.m., which will allow staff to complete final cleaning and disinfecting.
- Pool chairs will be restricted to eight chairs spaced at least 6ft apart and will be sanitized after every use. Signs will be attached to each chair to indicate clean or dirty, so patrons are aware of the clean chairs for use. Patrons may bring their own exercise equipment for personal use during their reservation time slot.
- No organized classes will be offered at this time.
- Pool membership and daily fees apply.
Community Park playground, Mayhood Park playground and Depot Park playground, along with Depot Park restroom facilities, will re-open from 8 a.m. to dusk.
Outdoor Basketball/Futsal Pavilion
- The outdoor basketball/futsal pavilion will be reopened for open play. Open play activities are restricted to groups of 10 people or less in order to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- No league play, no organized play and no games are permitted at this time.
- No bleachers are permitted for use.
Bonita Springs Recreation Center Fitness room
- Bonita Springs Recreation Center will re-open the Fitness Room only. The Fitness Room will be available for nine people at a time, starting each hour. Sessions will be for 45 minutes to allow for sanitizing between sessions. Reservations will begin on each hour from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday; and from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays. Reservations must be made in advance by calling 239-992-2556. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Locker Room facilities will not be available at this time.
- No organized classes nor personal training will be offered at this time.
- Recreation Center Membership and daily fees apply.
Marni Soccer fields
- Marni Soccer fields will be re-open for open play Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Open play activities are restricted to groups of 10 people or less in order to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- No League play, no organized play and no games are permitted at this time. All goals will remain off the fields.
The recreation center will open for Summer Camp on June 8. Please contact the Bonita Springs YMCA at 239-221-4560 to register your child.