Emergency Operations Centers
- Lee: (239) 533-0622
- Collier: (239) 252-3600
- Charlotte: (941) 833-4000
- DeSoto: (863) 993-4831
- Glades: (863) 946-6020
- Hendry: (863) 674-5400
- Federal Emergency Management Agency Disaster Assistance/Registration:
(800) 621-3362, TTY: (800) 462-7585
- United States Small Business Administration: (800) 659-2955, TTY 7-1-1
- National Center for Disaster Fraud Hotline: (866) 720-5721
- United States Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General Hotline: (800) 323-8603
- State of Florida Emergency Info: (800) 342-3557
- Florida Department of Financial Services Disaster Assistance Helpline: (877) 693-5236 or (850) 413-3089
- Red Cross Food, Shelter and Financial Assistance: (866) 438-4636
- Department of Children and Families Information for Southwest Florida: (813) 558-5500
- Area Agency on Aging for Southwest Florida Elder Helpline: (866) 413-5337
- Florida Attorney General’s Price Gouging Hotline: (866) 966-7226
- Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation on Unlicensed Activities Hotline: (866) 532-1440
- Florida Department of Business Professional Regulation (to verify contractor licenses ): (850) 487-1395
- Agricultural and Consumer Services: (800) 435-7352
- Domestic Animal Services: (239) 533-7387 in Lee County or (239) 252-7387 in Collier County
- nhc.noaa.gov: The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration experts at the National Hurricane Center are leading authorities on Atlantic Basin hurricanes and tropical storms.
- floridadisaster.org: This is the state’s Emergency Operation Center’s website for up-to-date, statewide information, news alerts, disaster preparation planning and contact information about storm evacuations, storm surge and shelter information.
- hotels.petswelcome.com for pet-friendly lodging in Florida.
- Division of Workers’ Compensation: (800) 342-1741
- Florida Association of Electrical Contractors: (407) 260-1511
- Florida Wall and Ceiling Contractors Association: (407) 260-1313
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Florida: (813) 879-8064
American Red Cross Offices
- Collier, Glades, Hendry, Highlands and Lee: (239) 596-6868 or redcross.org/southflorida
- Charlotte, DeSoto, Manatee and Sarasota: (941) 379-9300 or redcross.org/local/florida/central-florida/about-us/locations/southwest-florida.html
- FPL: (800) 468- 8243
- Lee County Electric Cooperative: (800) 599-2356
- Glades Electric Co-Op: (863) 946-6200
- You can donate food, water and money: Harry Chapin Food Bank, 3760 Fowler St., Fort Myers. (239) 334-7007 or harrychapinfoodbank.org.
- Salvation Army Donation Hotline: (800) 725-2769
- American Red Cross: 800-435-7669
- fema.gov: This is the Federal Emergency Management Agency website, and the official website for the National Flood Insurance Program. It offers detailed instructions on how to prepare for natural disasters, including action plans and safe rooms.
- redcross.org: The American Red Cross keeps residents informed about response and recovery operations.
- myfloridacfo.com: In the event of a storm, the Florida Department of Financial Services can assist with banking and insurance concerns.
- flash.org: The Federal Alliance for Safe Homes, dedicated to promoting disaster safety and property loss mitigation.
- fmo.org: The Federation of Manufactured Home Owners is a member-based consumer advocacy group that promotes and protects the interests of homeowners.