Screen windows ruled safe at Sanibel resort where boy fell

Published: Updated:
Photo by WINK News.

Sanibel code enforcement said the screen windows at a resort on the island are up to date. A child fell three stories through a window of the resort building Sunday.

Sanibel Police Department determined a 4-year-old boy’s fall at Sanibel Shell Beach Club was an accident Monday.

Melissa Cooks said her son, Archie, is still recovering from the fall in the hospital with a collapsed lung.

“I think it’s a great result to a very catastrophic event,” said Jackson Madden, who originally called 911 for the emergency. “He could have been seriously injured.”

MORE: Police rule 4-year-old who fell from building accident 

Copyright ©2024 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.