PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- In honor of the upcoming Memorial Day, old or torn American flags will be disposed of properly courtesy of the Charlotte State Bank & Trust.
Residents can take their worn flags to any of the following locations:
- Murdock, 1100 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte
- Punta Gorda, 2331 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda
- Parkside, 3002 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte
- Peachland, 24163 Peachland Blvd., Port Charlotte
- Charlotte Harbor, 23112 Harborview Road, Charlotte Harbor
Bank lobbies are open from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m.- 6 p.m. Friday.
The flags will be delivered to Roberson Funeral Home & Crematory, Kays-Ponger & Uselton Funeral Homes and Cremation Services or Charlotte Memorial Funeral Home and Cemetery.