Electrical worker receives shock in south Fort Myers store

Burn marks were left on walls Friday near a circuit breaker in a T-Mobile store in south Fort Myers where an electrician received a shock and a small fire broke out. (Photo via Iona-McGregor Fire Protection & Rescue Service District)

SOUTH FORT MYERS, Fla. An electrician received a shock while working on a panel at a cellphone store, fire officials said.

A small fire briefly broke out after the man was hurt at the T-Mobile store in the Gladiolus Gateway plaza near Gladiolus Drive and McGregor Boulevard, said Lauri McMahon, spokeswoman for the Iona-McGregor Fire Protection & Rescue Service District.

That fire went out after the circuit breaker was turned off, McMahon said.

The electrician was burned but was conscious and breathing, according to McMahon. He was taken to a hospital for evaluation.

Copyright ©2023 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.