Man arrested for threatening to ‘shoot everything and everyone’ at Park Royal Hospital

Writer: Paul Dolan
Published: Updated:

Deputies arrested a man after an incident involving threats of violence, yelling obscenities, and more with hospital staff at Park Royal Hospital, off Summerlin Road, on Friday.

According to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, Brian Rudolph, 44, called staff at Park Royal Hospital and was harassing and threatening them over the phone.

Rudolph was irate and screaming obscenities and demanding his girlfriend be released from the hospital. Rudolph said he would “shoot everything and everyone” until his girlfriend was released from the hospital.

Deputy Rivera spoke with Rudolph over the phone and Rudolph began yelling at the deputy and said, “Tell me to my face what he needed to tell me,” before quickly hanging up the phone.

Because of Rudolph’s erratic behavior and the phone call with Deputy Rivera, deputies remained at the hospital.

Then Rudolph left a voicemail at approximately 4:15 p.m. for the risk manager of the Park Royal Hospital. In the voicemail, Rudolph named the CEO of the hospital and said that he suggests the CEO really decide if she wants to listen to him or not. Rudolph went on to say he would go to the CEO’s house and bother her at home.

Later,  a detective contacted a hospital employee who confirmed in a voicemail Rudolph accused the staff of kidnapping and threatened to come to employees’ homes. Rudolph recites employee home addresses and phone numbers and while sounding agitated says that he’s been lied to by the hospital staff. Rudolph then said, “Your whole f*****g staff is online, I will go to every single person’s house and ask them why she is being held against her will.”

Then another message that was left by Rudolph said that he will sue, his girlfriend isn’t suicidal, that he demands to be called back, is recording every phone call, and again accuses the staff of kidnapping.

The detective believed he had probable cause to arrest Rudolph for aggravated stalking based on Rudolph finding out staff addresses and phone numbers and making what were believed to be credible threats against them.

Rudolph also faces a charge of false report to use firearms in a violent manner because he claimed he was outside the hospital with a firearm, threatened to shoot everyone, and threatened to shoot an employee in the head. The report suggests the threats were a possible attempt to get his girlfriend released.

On Tuesday, the detective was notified that said Rudolph left a voicemail on an employee’s home phone and threatened to come to their home. Deputies then located Rudolph’s car and took Rudolph into custody without incident.

Rudolph was released on bond on Wednesday evening and has his court hearing scheduled for Sept. 27.

Copyright ©2024 Fort Myers Broadcasting. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior written consent.