FORT MYERS, Fla.- Drivers can expect some road closures this Sunday, Nov. 8 as the 3rd annual Fort Myers Marathon takes over the downtown area.
The race starts at 7 a.m. at the Pincher’s Marina on West First Street and continues east to downtown via Edwards Drive.
Residents should avoid the following routes if possible:
- McGregor Boulevard from Virginia Avenue to Passaic Avenue from 7 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.,
- West First Street from 7 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Edwards Drive from 7 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Main Street/Heitman Street intersection from 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- First Street – Palm Beach Boulevard corridor from Fowler Street to Seaboard Street from 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
For more information visit www.fortmyersmarathon.com.